Thursday, July 28, 2011

The treatment of Severe refractory dysmenorrhea

Since I have the opportunity to treat many pain patients including ligament sprain work-related injuries, rheumatoid arthritis,dysmenorrhea etc, some patients who had their pain relieved immediately and some patients require further treatments. Among all patients,the experience of treating one of my friend's dysmenorrhea symptoms has left a deep impression on me. The lady is a friend from church, both of the husband and wife are well educated with good jobs, I had heard from my wife about the patient's dysmenorrhea recent years. Due to the fact that i am dentist not a gynecologist, I could only ask about her condition, about l-2 years ago, she started getting medication through my clinic, it was then I started to find out more about the patient's condition.

She was diagnosed with endometriosis,Ultra sound image of uterus showed many blackspots around it. the patient had also been to many well-known hospitals: Canghua Christian Hospital and Taichung Veterans General Hospital, but all opinions from the doctors were similar, the patient can either take analgesics or undergo hysterectomy operation (possibility with side effects of premature menopause and adhesions) to relieve the pain, the patient then suffered a miscarriage, her menstrual bleedings were heavy and prolonged up to 10 days,irregular menstrual cycles, she had to often take sick leaves and rest at home.

Being a physician and a friend to the patient,I certainly hope I have the ability to make her pain go away, but even some of the most well-known doctors were at a loss what to do to relieve her pain, some suggested the pain will eventually go away in a couple years. At last god did not forget his children, as I enrolled in the Enrac CMT courses, I immediately told her the good news and took her to a more experienced fellow Enrac physician for treatment, the treatment with press sticks was a bit painful for her, but it will all be worth it if she can be treated, the treatment showed slight improvement but soon after the treatment her unbearable period pain returned.

As I proceed with Enrac CMT and entered the intermediate course, I also purchased to ease the force that is put on the pressing points,the was effective on the others except her. Some patients' pain was immediately relieved after one treatment, no wonder she could not be treated even by some of the most well-known doctors. It was not in an Enrac seminar that I learn from fellow physicians about how to use percussion to diagnose the diseased meridian,her diseased meridians were located on the right side, I treated her 3 times that month, she felt differently about her pain, the pain was bearable, she was so happy, even her husband and mother-in-law came to thank me in person,I continued to treat her once a month, her pain was significantly improved as a result. I was feeling very confident as a physician.

Just when I thought she had been treated, she started to miss church activities again; it was such a blow for me, just when I thought she was well on her way to recovery, I asked my self "was Enrac CMT not the answer for her" '?

Soon come the next appointment, I was feeling a little unease and prepare for the worst finally I asked her about her condition, I was overwhelm by her reply: "no more pain" , she told me the reason that she missed the church was because of frequent urination during menstrual period, and it was very socially inconvenient for her.

Frequent urination during menstrual period was caused by bladder adhesions and increased hormone production during the period, therefore a hysterectomy surgery was not necessary, I treated the meridians that were corresponding to the bladder, and the magical thing happened,her symptom was completely relieved in just one treatment!

Presently, the patient's condition is well under control, beside her prolonged menstrual period (about 10 days), most of her other symptoms were greatly improved. In the future I hope I can continue to learn the spirit of selflessness from Dr.Ko, and becomes an able physician that patients can count on.

Case Report--Yu Hsiung Wu,M.D