Monday, June 13, 2011

My Encounter with CRPS An Agony of Mind and Body

Doctor and patient brought together by fate
As I recall Margaret had notable improvement during our very first treatment session,she is also my first CRPS patient after the learning of Enrac CMT. I thank god for such arrangement...
Dr.Wang Li Jung福太醫院王莉蓉醫師


Upon receiving a phone call from Enrac, I have come to a realization that Margaret is actually documenting her own CRPS history and treatment experience in Taiwan, the treatment documentation will be included in her writing project and her writing will be submitted for publication.


I could still recall seeing Margaret for the first time, it was at the small hospital I work in Tao Yuan, Margaret was wearing a fedora hat that has a European style brim, tall and slim, my first impression of Margaret from looked into her face was that she must be a person of strong will, and I think she proved that I am right about her. After she came in, along with her urgent elaboration of her own CRPS symptoms and past treatment experience, I was able realize deeply just how agonizing CRPS is to patients


Margaret is an artist, she was injured in an accident when heavy pottery fell on her arm, with her arm fractured in many places,then she was placed in a cast. And it appears to be causing her some pain, after the cast was removed she described to me how her fingers has had not gotten any better but worse, the result is thin, shiny skin, changes in skin texture and finger deformity; with such intractable pain days and nights, I think the pain certainly erode Margaret's mind,she did not want to move her arm because it was too painful thus caused shoulder and elbow problem, as well as sleeping problem,I could only imagine how difficult it is to retain a sanguine disposition.

I was told that Margaret has had tried many different procedurals and treatments with limited effects, none could provide the relief she was hope for; then by chance she found out about Enrac CMT on the internet and through Enrac US, Margaret's lone trip toTaiwan for Enrac CMT was prompted.


In my practice of medicine, I often feel doctors and their patients were brought together by some special sort of fate; and I and Margaret are more even so, we were brought together from two opposite end of the earth, she is also my first CRPS patient after the learning of Enrac CMT. Even though I know the therapeutic effect of Enrac CMT on CRPS, but due of the fact that I am a gynecologist, it is not very often for me to have a CRPS patient, I accepted and began to treat Margaret because the arrangement of Enrac, I thank god for such arrangement.

As I recall Margaret had notable improvement during our very first treatment session and as for the following treatments Margaret showed just how strongher will is and cooperated completely, I think that was the reason for her rapid improvement besides the therapeutic effect of Enrac CMT.


Clinically speaking, CRPS develop when people injure a nerve or nerves in an extremity such as an arm, leg or foot.In Enrac we think of it as a syndrome of diseased vital flow and dystrophy; this kind of pain is often distressing, most mainstream or alternative treatments are often ineffective to such disease, it affects patients both physically and mentally, many patients even attempt suicide because of its intractable pain. When Enrac were first introduced to US, it was also the outstanding effect on CRPS patients that caught the most attention.


I am so delighted to hear the news from the other side of the coast that Margaret is completing her writing project, this may mean the evil grasp of CRSP has left her, I will again pray and praise the lord for letting and through Dr. Ko to bring Enrac CMT to the world to bless more suffering patients,may god bless us all.